Slater's Royal National Commercial Directory, 1868
type: Beyond Scotland - Wales
1868 - Slater's Royal National Commercial Directory
HAWARDEN - under "Oil Manufacturers"
- Turner, Joseph & Co. (and railway greases and lubricating compound) Chemical Works Queens Ferry, Flint
HOLYWELL - under "Oil Manufacturers"
- Bagillt Oil Co. oil manufacturers. Bagillt – George Hunter, manager
MOLD - under "Mineral Oil Manufacturers"
- Barlow & Jeff (crude) Coed Talon
- Birkbeck G.H. (crude, refined & lubricating), Padeswood
- British Oil & Cannel Co. Ltd. (crude and refined), Leeswood – John Brookes, manager
- Buttery, E. (crude) Hope station
- Canneline Oil Co. Ltd (crude, burning and lubricating) Coed Talon, John Gibbon, manager
- Coppa Oil Co. Ltd (paraffin and lubricating), Padeswood, J.R. Batty, secretary
- Flintshire Oil and Cannel Co. Ltd., Tryddyn – Thomas Ollis, manager
- Glover, W.W. & Co. (crude), Hope Station
- Lavender, Edward & Co. (refined and lubricating), Mold
- Leeswood Main Coal, Cannel & Oil Co. (crude), Leeswood, S. Byrd, secretary London,
- Leeswood & Erith Mineral Oil Co. Ltd. (crude and refined), Pont y Bodkin; W.M. Williams, manager
- Marston W.B., (burning and lubricating), Leeswood
- Melthorp G.& F., (paraffin &c.), Padeswood
- Middleton, Edwin & Co. (crude), Hope Station
- Myers, James (crude), Coed Talon
- Ness, Griffiths & Jones (crude) Padeswood
- North Wales Coal Oil Co. Ltd. (solid paraffin, crude and lubricating oils), Padeswood; Jos. J. Coleman F.R.S. Manager; office in Chester, 98 Eastgate rd.
- Padeswood Oil Co. Ltd (crude), Padeswood – Wm. Semple secretary
- Page & Co. (crude), Padeswood
- Plas Yn Mhowys coal, cannel & Ironstone Co. Ltd (crude & refeined oils, greases & C.) near Mold; A. Norman Tate, secretary
- Welsh Coal & Mineral Oil Co. Ltd., Oak Pits Colliery, Mold – Charles Hales, manager
RUABON – under "Paraffin Oil Works"
- Crowther & Co. Cefn
- Holmes, Joseph, Cefn
- Lamb F., Cefn
CHESTER – under "Oil Manufacturers"
- British Oil and Cannel Co. Saltney
- The Flintshire Oil and Cannel Co. (shale), St. David's Works, Saltney, near Chester, & 9, Castle street. Liverpool – Charles A. Fisher, secretary
1880 - Slater's Royal National Commercial Directory
MOLD – under "Mineral Oil Manufacturers"
- Birkbeck, George Henry, Coppa Oil Works, Padeswood
- Canneline (The) Oil Co. Limited, (crude burning and lubricating), Coed Talon; John Gibbon, manager; London office, 62 Bishopgate St, within, E.C.
- Marston, W.B., Leeswood Vale Oil Works, Coed Talon
- Wilcocks & Piercy, Royal Cambrian Oil and Grease Works, Hope Station
1885 - Wilson's Trade Directory for Wales
FLINT – under "Mineral Oil Manufacturers"
- Canneline Oil Co. (L) Coed Talon
- Marston, W.B. Oil Works, Coed Talon
- Wilcocks & Piercy, Hope Station