Old pictures of Winchburgh
WINCHBURGH is a small village in the parish of Kirkliston, in the small debt court district of Linlithgow, with a station on the Edinburgh and Glasgow section of the North British railway, and on the bank of the Edinburgh and Glasgow Union canal, 11 miles west of Edinburgh and 6 east of Linlithgow; it has a mission church under Kirkliston. The inhabitants are employed in the large shale works and brick and tile -works in the parish. Niddry is a hamlet in Kirkliston parish, and half a mile from Winchburgh, which is its postal district. The surrounding country is rolling and wooded, the soil being heavy, with a sub-soil of clay, and growing fair crops of wheat, barley, oats and turnips, with a considerable acreage of pasture. The rateable value of the village is £967; population in 1901, 426.
Slater’s Royal National Commercial Directory of Scotland, 1903
Postcard - "Winchburgh looking East"
Postcard - "Niddry Castle Oil Works"
Postcard - "Main Street looking east, Winchburgh"
Photo - Winchburgh village
Postcard - Allotments at Winchburgh
Postcard - "Main Street Looking East, Winchburgh"
Postcard - "Winchburgh Church and Manse"
Postcard - "Ye Olde Tally-Ho Hotel, Winchburgh"
Postcard - "R.C. School and Presbytery, Winchburgh"
Postcard - "Parish Church, Winchburgh"