Scottish shale Scottish shale

Merchantile Chambers, 53 Bothwell St., Glasgow

Former parish and county:
Parish of Glasgow, County of Lanark
Local authority:
Glasgow city
Opened:
Built 1898
Current status of site:
Remains in use as office accommodation.

Headquarters building of Scottish Oils Ltd, and associated companies. Scottish Oils purchased the majority shareholding of the Merchantile Chambers Co. Ltd, (formed 1897) and all headquarter functions were moved to the building c. 1924

Recent images

Archive plans

  • Location map
  • Detailed maps
  • Related file records