Text books and papers
- The Oil-Shales of the Lothians, 3rd Edition" Geological Survey, Scotland, 1927. See full reference; LVSAV2010.163
- "Mineral Oils and Their By-products" by Iltyd I Redwood Published by E&FN Spon Ltd, London, 1897. See full record LVSAV2010.005
- "Joint report on the Bituminous or Oil Shales of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia also of the Oil-Shale Industry of Scotland", Canada Department of Mines, Ottowa, 1909. See full reference; LVSAV2012.005
- "A Symposium of Studies and Researches in the Oil Shale Industry" Arthur J. Franks, Quarterly of the Colorado School of Mines. Vol 15, No.4, October 1921. See full reference; 215943
- "Seventy-Five Years of Oil Shale Mining" by J.B. Sneddon and W. Caldwell, reprinted from Oil and Cannel Coal, proceedings of a conference held in Scotland 1938, See full record; 215947
- "Report of a Court of Investigation Concerning the Wages Position in the Scottish Shale Oil Industry". March 1926, See full record; LVSAV2010.016.
- "Revival in the Scottish Shale Oil Industry", reprint of an article published in the Financial Times on 15th December 1938. See full record; 215944.
- "The James Young Memorial Lecture (1948)" by Edwin H. Bailey, See full record 215314.