A company formed to combine research expertise following the amalgamation of the shale oil companies into Scottish Oils Ltd.
- John Greig Annan - Young's Paraffin Light and Mineral Oil Company Ltd, 7 West George Street, Glasgow, Addiewell Works Chemist
- Edwin Melhuish Bailey - The Pumpherston Oil Company Ltd, 135 Buchanan Street, Glasgow, Chemist
- James Bryson - The Pumpherston Oil Company Ltd, 135 Buchanan Street, Glasgow, General Works Manager
- Robert Crichton - Castlepark, Philpstoun, West Lothian, Director of Scottish Oils Ltd and subsidiaries
- William Fraser - The Pumpherston Oil Company Ltd, 135 Buchanan Street, Glasgow, Managing Director
- James Henry Hope - The Elms, East Calder, Midlothian, Chief Chemist
- George Francis McKillop - The Broxburn Oil Company Ltd, 28 Royal Exchange Square, Glasgow, Chemist
- James Reid - 6 Hazelton Gardens, Cathcart, Glasgow, Commercial Manager, Scottish Oils
- John Dunlop Sommerville - Osborne Cottage, Station Road, Broxburn, Chemist
- Alexander Cunningham Thomson - The Oakbank Oil Company Ltd, 29 St. Vincent Place, Glasgow, Works Manager
SHALE OIL RESEARCH . Replying to Mr Mander (L., Wolverhampton , E.) , the Minister for Mines (Mr Shinwell) states that grants for research work amounting to £ 7500 have in the past been made to the Scottish Shale Oil Scientific and Industrial Research Association .
The Scotsman, 22nd July 1930