Scottish shale Scottish shale

Boghall (lands)

Parish:
Bathgate, Linlithgowshire
Local authority:
West Lothian
  • Location map

    Annotation on 1870's plan

    Land owned by: Cowan esq. - Minerals leased to Meldrum and Simpson.

    Archive records

    Leasee Owner Start date End date Full record
    Pumpherston Oil Co. Ltd. (south of railway) Cptn. J.H. Cowan 1893 1920 183744 (page 323)
    Pumperston Oil Co. Ltd. (north of railway) Maj. J. H. Cowan 1894 1925 183744 (page 370)

    Young's PL&MO Co. Ltd (or predecessors) entered into a lease of North and South Starlaw farms from 1873-1892 and Boghall farm 1870-1887.

    Archive plans

  • Related file records