The Pumpherston Oil Company has almost completed the erection of two rows of workman's houses. comprising 48 tenements, and have in contemplation the erection of as many more in the consequence of the rapid extension of their trade. The houses are large, well built, and superior to most miner's housing in respect of accommodation and internal fittings. The new buildings, situated on rising ground about 200 yards below the present village, are sheltered on the east and north by a strong plantation, and from a sanitary point of view occupy a desirable situation. This addition will undoubtedly be a great advantage to the Company, in respect of having their men concentrated at their work, while the regular rates payable by their occupiers will secure the Company a good interest on the outlay.
West Lothian Courier, 11th August 1888