A company established by local business interests with a broad range of objectives related to mining, the sale of minerals, and the manufacturing of products from them. John William Harden was judge to the County Court of Cheshire, Lewis Richard Morgan was High Bailiff. Edward Claudius Walker of the Leadworks, Chester was a magistrate of the city.
Extract from Articles of Association
Articles of Association of the PLAS-YN-MHOYS COAL, CANNEL, AND IRONSTONE COMPANY, LIMITED, made this second day of JANUARY 1864. It is agreed that:
- JOHN WILLIAM HARDEN, of Rock Ferry in the County of Chester, Esquire
- LEWIS RICHARDS MORGAN, of Morden House in the Town of Rhyl, in the County of Flint, Esquire
- EDWARD CLAUDIUS WALKER, of the Borough of Chester, Merchant
- SAMUEL WILLIAMSON of Holywell in the said County of Flint
- JOHN PARRY JONES of Denbigh, in the County of Denbigh, Gentleman
- RICHARD LLOYD WILLIAMS of Denbigh, in the County of Denbigh, Gentleman
- THOMAS WALMSLEY, of Chester aforesaid, Coal Master
- FREDERICK GUNTON, of Chester, Professor of Music
- PETER ELLIS EYTON, of the town and burgh of Flint in the County of Flint, Gentleman
- CLEMENT DECIMUS WILLIAMSON, of Greenfield in the said County of Flint
and all other persons who have already subscribed, or who shall subscribe, to the Undertaking, established by these Articles, and their Executors, Administrators and Assigns respectively, are hereby united in a joint stock company, to be registered under the statute or statutes in that behalf, with Limited Liability, for the purposes hereinafter mentioned and declared of and concerning the same, and according to to the number of Shares set opposite their names in the Schedule hereto respectively.
The Objects for which the Company is established are;
- The purchase , leasing, and holding of Mines, Veins, and Seams of Coal, Cannel and Ironstone in the Parishes of Mold, Trydyyn, and Nerquis in the County of Flint and of such other hereditaments and premises as may be necessary for the purposes hereinafter mentioned.
- The working, winning, getting, and selling, and disposing of Coal, Cannel, Slack and Ironstone so purchased, leased, or held as aforesaid, and the selling and disposing thereof respectively.
- The manufacturing of any such Coal as aforesaid in Coke, and of any such Cannel into Paraffin or other products to be derived therefrom, and of any such Ironstone into Iron, and the selling and disposing therof respectively.
The Capital of the Company shall be £5,000, divided into 500 Shares of £10 each, but it shall be lawful for the Company, with the consent of three-fourths in number and value of the Shareholders present at a Special General Meeting, to be called for that purpose, to increase the Capital by creation of new Shares, to any amount not exceeding £20,000.