In the High Court of Justice, Chancery Division, before the Master of the Rolls in re Oak Pits Colliery Company Limited. This was a petition by John Stretch for the winding-up of the company. The Company was registered under the name of the Welsh Coal and Mineral Oil Company, on the 10th March, 1866. The objects of the company were for the smelting of lead, zinc and other ores, and for the purchase of Broncoed and Glanrafon Collieries, situated near Mold, in the County of Flint. The nominal capital of the company is £100,000, divided into 20,000 shares of £5 each. On the 17th January 1873, the Welsh Coal and Mineral Oil Company, with the approval of the Board of Trade, changed its name to The Oak Pits Colliery Company Limited...The company by reason of its insolvency has ceased to carry on business.
The Wrexham Advertiser, 21st February 1880