Scottish shale Scottish shale

Girvan oil depot

Former parish and county:
Parish of Girvan, County of Ayr
Local authority:
South Ayrshire
Opened:
1913

References

  • AR0721 (record missing) - Correspondence, dated 1913 -1914, between Young's PLMO Co. and Glasgow & South Western Railway regarding ground for oil storage depots at Kilmarnock, Sanquhar, Dumfries, Kirkcudbright, and Girvan.
  • Note of agreement between Young's PLMO Co. and Glasgow and South Western Railway over oil storage tanks at Girvan goods yard, dated 1914, 215853 page 391.
  • The Scottish Oil Agency Ltd agreed a lease in 1925 for a piece of ground adjoining Bridgemill smithy, Girvan, as a store for motor spirit, burning, and other oils. See full record 183530 page 56
  • AGREEMENT OF LEASE . It was reported that on 26th September, 1925, Minute of Agreement of lease between Mr . J . J .M. Hannah, Girvan and the company , of 300 square yards of ground at Girvan to be used for the purpose of erecting there a bulk motor spirit and burning oil depot, for 21 years from Whitsunday , 1925 with a break at the end of 10 years, at a rent of ¬£0 per¬∑annum, was executed on behalf of the company, which was confirmed. Meeting of Directors of the Scottish Oil Agency Ltd 27th October 1925. See full record 215265

  • Location map
  • Detailed map